If your mornings are hectic and eating a good breakfast seems like a luxury, it’s time to rework your routine. Instead of skipping breakfast because there is no time to cook in the morning, why not make it ahead of time?
This breakfast veggie quiche recipe is perfect for making on a Sunday before your crazy week starts and you will have a grab-n-go meal that just takes a few seconds to reheat, all week long. Also, feel free to use whatever veggies you have left over from the week (before they go bad) in this recipe to avoid having to throw them out…WIN WIN!
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (oat flour works too)
- 1/2 cup milk (almond, coconut etc)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (regular or vegan)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3-4 cups grated or chopped veggies: bell peppers, spinach, zucchini, butternut squash, mushrooms etc)
- Dash of garlic powder, pepper and any other herbs of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, and milk together in a large bowl.
- Mix in flour, vegetables, seasonings and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Pour into baking dish lined with foil and top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 40 min or until set and center is firm to the touch.
- Slice and serve. This recipe keeps great in the fridge for a few days so you can take breakfast on the go.