Can you have too many protein pancake recipes, honestly I don’t think so. The date and cocoa in this recipe really give a decadent chocolate taste and you won’t believe there is no added sugar.
The real reason I wanted to create this chocolate protein pancakes recipe is because I wanted to try out my fancy new pancake pan…aren’t they cute?
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 banana
- 1 medjool date (you can omit and do a whole small banana if you like, the date adds sweetness)
- 1 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Blend all ingredients until batter consistency.
- Spray coconut oil on pan and pour 4 small or 2 large pancakes.
- Cook until edges are firm and then flip, cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Top with syrup (Walden's Farms is a good sugar free option, or pure maple syrup), natural peanut butter or fresh berries.