It’s tough to find healthy protein bars..unfortunately, most of the options lining the shelves at your local store are more like candy bars than healthy snack or meal options. You can’t always believe claims made on the wrapper, but that is a different story for a different day.
Today is about these homemade vegan protein bars. They are also no-bake, and taste just like Lara bars…YUM
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 3 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (cherries work good too)
- 1/8 cup cacao powder
- 1 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Blend almonds and oats until course crumb.
- Add cacao powder, protein powder, cinnamon, cranberries, dates and blend again.
- Add water while blending until well mixed and starts to form a ball.
- Press into lined tin and set in fridge for 1-2 hours before slicing.