This side dish tastes more like dessert than a vegetable and goes well with chicken, steak or salmon! Butternut squash satisfies like a more carb heavy side dish, however is not as calorie dense.
This Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe is a go-to in my house as most of the ingredients are usually on hand. Eat up.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 TBSP real maple syrup
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Add butternut squash pieces and the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl and toss until well coated.
- Spread them out on a large baking sheet covered with foil.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Flip the pieces over with a spatula and continue roasting for another 10-15 minutes, until the squash is soft and slightly browned with some carmelized spots.