Your momma said to eat your veggies but what she didn’t tell you was that they don’t have to be boring. I think a diet high in ‘real foods’-veggies, fruits, lean proteins, and other minimally processed foods is the key to having the body you want and still living the life you want.
So with that in mind, I am constantly looking for ways to eat my veggies, without feeling like I am eating veggies. This zucchini fritters recipe tastes just like a fried zucchini appetizer you might get at a restaurant-except it’s good for you. Munch away!
- 2 large zucchinis, grated
- 3 TBSP freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 TBSP whole wheat flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Squeeze the grated zucchini in a dish towel to remove excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini with cheese, eggs, flour, and seasonings.
- Heat an oiled skillet over medium high heat and once hot, add 2 tablespoons of the mixture for each fritter.
- Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp on the outside.
- Serve immediately. They are good on their own or with marinara sauce.